RSEQ – Reaxys Young Researcher Award
The Real Sociedad Española de Química (grupo el JIQ) and Elsevier are happy to organize the RSEQ – Reaxys Young Researcher Award.
What is the Prize? The award recognizes great individual research that has been performed and enhanced by a Young Researcher (<40 years old) who is working on or has completed his/her PhD with the use of a scientific database. If you are such researcher, we invite you to submit your essay around the topic:
What (innovative) research are you doing in the field of Chemistry and how can a scientific database like Reaxys help you achieve your goals?
The successful applications will receive: 1000 € 1st Prize; 800 € 2nd Prize; 500 € 3rd Prize at XIV Simposio de Jóvenes Investigadores de Badajoz from 7-10 November. Travel costs of the winners will be covered.
Requirements: Any field of research is accepted including: Life Sciences, Medicinal and Organic Chemistry, Materials Sciences, Industrial and Inorganic Chemistry, Analytical, Environmental, Physical and Theoretical Chemistryand Pharmaceutical and Medicinal Chemistry.
- The essay should be from either work in progress, an original idea for a project, or a paper already published.
- The essay must strongly highlight how Reaxys (and eventually other) scientific databases helped (and will help) you to achieve your research goals.
- The essay should be between 750 and 1500 words, and must have a title. It must be written to be easily readable also by chemists working in other research fields.
- The Young Researcher should be a member of the grupo de jóvenes químicos (JIQ).
Selection criteria: Keeping in mind that we will award research carried out through the use of scientific databases, essays will be evaluated by the following criteria: scientific innovation and originality, impact and importance to field, clarity of thought and completeness, and supporting evidence of accomplishments (i.e. has your work been published or patented?).
Submissions should include: 1) your Essay; 2) your CV; 3) your supervisor’s recommendation letter; 4) any other supporting evidence of accomplishments (e.g., awards certification, invitation letters, evaluation of a period abroad, etc.). Please submit your essay and related documents via e-mail: email@example.com.
- Submission deadline: September 29, 2017
- Webinar: on July 17, 10:00am – 11:00 am, we invite those interested to attend our free webinar around Reaxys,to share best practices, advanced use of the Reaxys solution and any questions you might have around the Reaxys SCI award.
For more information on the RSEQ (JIQ): http://www.jiq-rseq.es/